My Rinnai E50C installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Ed Dooley

Reaction score
As an amateur, I spent a long time researching the best options to install my boiler. I found surprisingly few online resources for my particular model (plenty of videos for other brands). So here's the blow by blow of my experience (thanks to those that responded to my few queries here). This is just my experience, not so much a how-to. My list of components and decisions I made:
rinnaie50cinstallation.wordpress.com

Last edited:

Ken LeCompte

Reaction score
Ed I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with installing a Rinnai combi boiler as a DIY. I am about to embark on the same adventure and was wondering if you are happy with the Rinnai. I too will be using the E50C but mine is for a detached garage radiant floor. Thanks in advance for any experience you can share about how it has performed.

Ed Dooley

Reaction score
Ken,
I just saw this, months after you posted! Sorry, I haven't been back here for a year or so. Not sure if there was an option to receive email alerts when someone replies to a post or comment. Did you wind up installing your Rinnai? If so, how did it go? In belated answer to your question, yes, very happy with it. One problem I had is the condensate filter clogging up. We have town water, not that it should matter for the condensate, but luckily I put in a Y by-pass (as recommended),
Ed

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks