My pump cycles on & off as soon as you turn on the h2o

Users who are viewing this thread

lucy7127

Reaction score
I have always had bad water pressure but things have become worse. I was told to try pumping air in my Champion prepressure tank. After doing this my water pressure is even worse (eg. if shower is running I can't get any water anywhere else in the house!). In addition the tank is turning on and off continually while the water is on. The gauge moves back and forth between 30 & 60 psi. PLEASE HELP! :eek:

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
air

Too much air will cause the same problems as too little air in the tank. Without checking the precharge when the system is completely drained, you have no idea whether to add air or let it out. But from your description, you may have to let some out. CHECK IT FIRST before doing anything else.

lucy7127

Reaction score
Is it hard to completely drain and then start over? If not how would I go about doing this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks