My In-Laws Need Your Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
You need someone competent to pull the toilet, reset it properly with a new wax ring and caulk the base of the toilet to the floor, avoiding this issue with nastiness getting under the toilet.

And if that doesn't work, I'll have a plumber pull the toilet.

I managed to get the super to come up and look at the problem. I couldn't really understand what he was saying (his English is very limited and his accent is very pronounced) he promised to pull the toilet and fix the problem.

You're saying one thing and doing another.

The super is NOT a competent plumber, especially if can't even speak fluent english to understand what is going on.

Advice ignored, why did I even bother.

SAS

Reaction score
You're saying one thing and doing another.

The super is NOT a competent plumber, especially if can't even speak fluent english to understand what is going on.

Advice ignored, why did I even bother.

I agree with you about the super, and if it were up to me I would gladly pay to have a competent plumber come and take care of it. But my in-laws are dead set against having me (or them) pay for a plumber to do something that the super is supposed to do. They're afraid that if he gets away with it this time, he'll neer fix anything for them again. And they may have a point. I suggested that he'd probably never know, but at the end of the day, it's not my house and they are my in-laws not my parents. So we give the super another chance, and if (when?) that doesn't work, maybe they'll agree to let me pay for a plumber.

SAS

Reaction score
Final Update

I did eventually convince the landlord to bring in a qualified plumber. The problem was the toilet itself. He replaced it with a new Gerber model, and everything is now fine. No leaks - no smell.

So my father in law has been vidicated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks