My home pre-plumbed for Softener?

Users who are viewing this thread

willwillx

Reaction score
Attached is a picture,the company i bought the fleck 5600sxt says it is.. I have a contractor/handyman coming on saturday to set it up.I guess my real question is, that other pipe shown, think that's a pre plumbed drain line?

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 365

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Is that a pipe coming out of the floor?
EDIT: Now that I look more closely, the pipe on the floor seems to be sitting over the power cord. So that answers that.
I think you are referring to the smaller pipe (1/2"?) in the wall. That looks too small to be a drain line. Is the cap glued on or just pushed on?

Flapper

Reaction score
PVC isn't allowed indoors, only CPVC. You're fine if it is conducting cold water but if your hot lines are PVC too, then that's not good. You need CPVC for hot water.

willwillx

Reaction score
Are you talking about the thing on the ground or the wall? Because the tube on the ground is a pump, unrelated to the wall stuff. The wall stuff says .This home was built in 2008, i doubt it's pvc piping... And it's a 600k house, so unless someone really.... did something half ass, i cannot see it.I might call the plumbing company on that valve, since it has their number on it heh

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Regarding your original question: The small pipe coming through the wall "has to be" the drain. If it's not your stuck.
Pull the cap off that small pipe and find out where it drains to. Of course shut off the water just in case it is some pressurized water line for who-knows-what.

Do you have any drain pipes coming out of the wall on the outside of the house? Also I suppose your drains could connect to your sewer line if your not on a septic system.

I assume this setup is in your garage. If so, and if your house is like mine, the AC evaporator is in the garage too, and if so, this softener drain line probably tees into the AC condensate drain. If the AC is not in the garage (is the water heater)? If yes, then this drain probably connects to the water heater T&P valve drain.

It's all speculation without knowing more about your house/setup.

Flapper

Reaction score
Are you talking about the thing on the ground or the wall? Because the tube on the ground is a pump, unrelated to the wall stuff. The wall stuff says .This home was built in 2008, i doubt it's pvc piping... And it's a 600k house, so unless someone really.... did something half ass, i cannot see it.I might call the plumbing company on that valve, since it has their number on it heh
The wall...
Does it say PVC on it, or CPVC?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks