My boiler is under water, what now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe the Plumber

Pluumbing, of course
Reaction score
I don't understand why it's so hard to relight my boiler. It's almost like it's underwater or somthin. I picked up some matches at a restaurant. They had the name of the restaurant on them but I figered that should be okay. If I strike a match and it falls then all I hear is a sizzle and then nothing. I pick it up and it's like wet or somtthin. I figered restrant matches would be easier to grip on to . So, what shoujld I be usidng to lighj my boiler cause a warm shower could be gooder than my cold ones.
Here's what I'[m working with.

boiler-under-water-01.jpg

Yeah, I know, it's a bit wet where it's sitting. I was planning on fixing the roof, but then the ground was getting lower than waht I wanted it to be and stuff.

boiler-under-water-02.jpg

I'm waiting for new doors and window for this. It's really not as bad as it looks. My neighbors make fun of me, but then I think their payments are higher than mine. And it doesn't reain all the time, like not alwasy.

boiler-under-water-03.jpg

I do like my walkway though. Not for a car though. But I can ride my bike on it.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Check for a GFCI before plugging your tools in. :eek:. Let me guess, it is a hostorical site?

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
No problem I can did an inspection and bring it up to code as I did with this 1914 boiler

Attachments

• 1914 boiler.jpg
    1914 boiler.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 188

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I do not think it would have passed the 5 year hydro-static test

Attachments

• inpecting1914 boiler.jpg
    inpecting1914 boiler.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 193
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks