Multiple tempering valves don't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Fitter30

Reaction score
The hp emergency coil with 150° water in and cool coming out won't heat correctly. Coils are normally design for 20° temp drop (td). How many row coil is it? Piping a coil hottest water with the hottest air and in the bottom out the top.

Chesterton

Reaction score
I just took my first hot shower at home in a long, long time. The new valve (Caleffi 520) was a different configuration, so I took advantage of the opportunity to make sure that all three ports had a good straight run of pipe. I installed the valve and voila! everything is working perfectly. I can set the valve at almost the lowest setting and we have plenty of hot water.

Per Caleffi, the straight run shouldn't affect valve performance much--just make the flow less turbulent. So it sounds like I had two bad valves in a row. What are the odds?

I'm glad I embarked on this adventure: I have hot water, I learned a lot about how my system works, I have a cleaned and restored water heater that is performing to spec, and I replaced an Apollo valve that is no longer approved for domestic water! Thanks everyone for the ideas, patience, and help. This is a great community.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Don't think the Apollo valve was bad wrong application not enough flow made for a heating system not potable water with that low of flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks