Multi Stage Iron Reducing System

Users who are viewing this thread

Jjfuhreck

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just bought a lake house in northern WI. It is been in the family for many years and the water has always been poor. It has a LOT of iron in it. You can't even see through a glass of water after filling it(assuming Ferric Iron). My wife and I are doing a fairly major rehab including putting in a basement and it is time to finally get a decent water system in it.

Here is my tentative plan thus far:

Two of the cheap Omni filters with string filters to start out of the well tank. Next, a Springwell whole house well water filter system, finally a Fleck 5600SXT.

Any thoughts good or bad? I am sure I am going to get some responses asking for water test numbers. Is there any way to do a test for iron concentrations without spending a ton of money? I am seeing over $200. Seems high....

Finally, any thoughts on the Springwell whole house filter? I have the Fleck 5600SXT at home so I know that works well but I am open to other ideas on a whole house filter that would work to remove high concentrations of iron.

Jjfuhreck

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just bought a lake house in northern WI. It is been in the family for many years and the water has always been poor. It has a LOT of iron in it. You can't even see through a glass of water after filling it(assuming Ferric Iron). My wife and I are doing a fairly major rehab including putting in a basement and it is time to finally get a decent water system in it.

Here is my tentative plan thus far:

Two of the cheap Omni filters with string filters to start out of the well tank. Next, a Springwell whole house well water filter system, finally a Fleck 5600SXT.

Any thoughts good or bad? I am sure I am going to get some responses asking for water test numbers. Is there any way to do a test for iron concentrations without spending a ton of money? I am seeing over $200. Seems high....

Finally, any thoughts on the Springwell whole house filter? I have the Fleck 5600SXT at home so I know that works well but I am open to other ideas on a whole house filter that would work to remove high concentrations of iron.

Whoodle

Reaction score
I'm no pro, but the one kind of filter you haven't mentioned is an IRON FILTER. Google it...lots of options/mfgs

For a situation like this, (all new system), call out a pro to test water, look things over & make suggestions. And not to judge, but if you're ponying up for a freakin' new BASEMENT and addition, $200 shouldn't be that much of a stretch. I'm in a house w/full crawlspace & have looked into having a basement carved out...$$$$$!!!!

Zenon2cubed

Reaction score
Until you get a full water analysis to know what your issues are I don't think you're going to get much advice.
The turbidity you're describing may not be iron, but something else in addition to high iron.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks