Multi Port Tee vs regular Tee

Users who are viewing this thread

Tommy Dee

Reaction score
Hey,
I’m replacing the copper water pipes with pex in my bathroom. The current set up was 3/4 in copper pipe from the water main and split into 1/2 in copper to the fixtures. Any suggestion on putting in a multi port tee or manifold type system to tee off the 1/2 pex from the 3/4 in copper. It will be serving a bath, shower, WC and Lav.

Thanks

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
A multiport tee/manifold is perfect for that scenario. It saves a lot of time and saves on number of joints and fittings.

Tommy Dee

Reaction score
A multiport tee/manifold is perfect for that scenario. It saves a lot of time and saves on number of joints and fittings.
Right ok awesome thanks.
I was leaning towards doing it, but a plumber friend said it was unnecessary.
But I feel like it’s worth it

Reach4

Reaction score
Think about WH transit time. By having 1/2 inch pex to the bathroom hot, water will arrive quicker. 3/4 pex to the bathroom cold would be better.

I expect replacing copper with pex was not a motivating factor, but was a side effect.

Tommy Dee

Reaction score
Think about WH transit time. By having 1/2 inch pex to the bathroom hot, water will arrive quicker. 3/4 pex to the bathroom cold would be better.

I expect replacing copper with pex was not a motivating factor, but was a side effect.
So your saying to use 1/2 pex for hot and 3/4 for cold? Can you explain why?
And ya, the replacement was a side effect :)
Thanks

Reach4

Reaction score
So your saying to use 1/2 pex for hot and 3/4 for cold? Can you explain why?
If supplying a bathroom, cold has 3 loads and you don't worry so much about how long bathroom cold is in transit. Hot has 2 loads will arrive quicker in smaller pipe.

If using manifolds, you could run 1/2 from the manifold to the tub hot and cold. 1/2 or 3/8 to the lavatory hot and cold. 1/2 or 3/8 to the toilet.

Last edited:

Tommy Dee

Reaction score
If supplying a bathroom, cold has 3 loads and you don't worry so much about how long bathroom cold is in transit. Hot has 2 loads will arrive quicker in smaller pipe.

If using manifolds, you could run 1/2 from the manifold to the tub hot and cold. 1/2 or 3/8 to the lavatory hot and cold. 1/2 or 3/8 to the toilet.
The bathroom has a shower, a tub, a lav and a WC. So I should run the cold runs from the 3/4 in copper using a 3/4 in manifold and the hot runs from the 3/4 copper to a 1/2 in manifold (multi port tee)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks