Moving Whirlpool fixture, no good options!

Users who are viewing this thread

parity_check

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm renovating my bathroom but keeping the existing non-jetted whirlpool soaker tub. Many years ago the builders installed the faucet in the back right corner. I have covered the old holes with caps. I'm trying to relocate them to another spot due to the following reasons:

1. The spout is directly above your head if laying on one side.
  2. The rough-ins are inaccessible because the access panel would have to be on the shower side of the tub. There was originally no access panel (maybe because it is non-jetted)
  3. I am adding a 4th hole for a hand sprayer, therefore if the hose needs maintenance an access panel is required.
I can't seem to find a good spot to put the plumbing. The tub surface only has flat areas for mounting at the corners which are not easily accessed. The tub deck is an option, however I would have to raise the mounting area since the handle doesn't have the clearance to turn without hitting into the side of the tub edge.

How do the professionals handle this? I'm guessing they would just tell the customer to buy a new tub!

Please help!

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8911.jpeg
    IMG_8911.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 147

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Usually the faucet is mounted on the tile deck not the tub. I would place the faucet about where the pliers are, left side with a access panel built in front left. Another way is move the tub slightly away from the windows may 1.5 or 2", build a dummy wall and plumb the hot and cold on the warm side of the insulation. Then use a wall fixture attached to this dummy wall similar to the attached picture but you'll need to be in the tub to turn on the water. Maybe on the right side extent the wall toward the tub to mount a wall fixture. Both side would be needed to be extended for a better look.

upload_2021-1-20_12-31-26.png

Last edited:

parity_check

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. The wall mount isn't an option because I have all the parts purchased and the wife doesn't like the "telephone" faucets.

Mounting on the left is possible, however I the handles will swing into the tub rim so I will need to locate them elsewhere or raise the deck area that they mount into.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks