Moving washer drain and lines

Users who are viewing this thread

dotWake

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents,

I could really use some plumbing advise. I live in Miami, Florida and purchased a first floor condo. The unit was constructed in 1981. in the 2 bedroom unit there's a large utility closet. The wall on the left has the 18inch stand drain, cold and hot water lines. Next to the plumbing is the 40 gallon water heater. On the opposite wall is the dryer vent and 220 connection. See where I'm going with this?

I've been trying find out what is the exact proper way (code, appearance, and safety) to move the water lines and drainage to the right wall. I've spoken to a few plumbers and the only one who gave me an exact quote mentioned running the drainage pipe along the floor to the other side so the drywall wouldn't have to be torn. Is this safe and up to code? He's asking 500 for the job

Any advise you guys could give would be greatly appreciated. I've included a layout of the room. Please note the washer and dryer units depicted are actually not in the cubbies. That was a hopeful attempt at resolving this issue without moving plumbing

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    148.5 KB · Views: 366

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I can't see where your going with this. Why move anything? A better drawing (current layout and desired layout, showing all the piping/electrical/WH locations and equipment would help).

dotWake

Reaction score
I can't see where your going with this. Why move anything? A better drawing (current layout and desired layout, showing all the piping/electrical/WH locations and equipment would help).

Hi Country,
I'm gonna have to draft another one up :) The idea is to have the machines side by side or stacked. This would maximize the space, resolve the ackward layout, and make it easier to move laundry from the washer to the dryer.
I've included a picture of the current layout so you could see what I mean by ackward layout.

Why move the washer and not the dryer? The only external wall is on the right hand side. The washer is essentially just sticking out randomly in the room. Im gonna try to include images of the water lines, etc like you requested. Again, thank you kindly for the response

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 349
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
UtilityRoomLayout.jpg
o
'
Okay, now the issue is clear. Somehow the Dryer connections where installed on the wrong wall.
I think it would be easier to move the Dryer, rather than the washer supply lines and drain. Moving the 220V for the Dryer is easy. Not sure if anything is in the way regarding moving the Dryer vent. I think it would worth investigating. Might save you some money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks