Moving toilet 90 degrees

Users who are viewing this thread

bryan rozinski

Reaction score
Hi, I am remodeling my bathroom and want to move the toilet 90 degrees and 12" from its current location. Is it ok to run two long sweep 90's back to back from the flange to the waste line?

bryan rozinski

Reaction score
would this layout work then?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 209

Reach4

Reaction score
Try a side view. Stack on the left. New closet flange (toilet) on the right. Floor will be horizontal line.

Maybe use 2 or 3 colors: what stays (black?), what you plan to add (red?), and maybe what is to be removed (blue?). The part to be removed is not important.

Identify the pipe as 3 inch PVC or whatever it is.

Last edited:

bryan rozinski

Reaction score
stack is 3" PVC connected to existing 3" copper with a fernco no-hub connecting them. I built a 12" false floor so that the grade would be the same as the kitchen. The toilet connection to the soil stack is encased in concrete. I had hoped to connect the new flange as shown in the picture, but I was concerned that code would not allow me to connect two long bend 90's together, going from the new flange to the old flange drain and is having the vent in front of the toilet 30" away from the stack

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 207
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 232

Reach4

Reaction score
Your new pictures clarify things. Somebody will be able to offer useful info. Don't guess you would look forward to a cleanout flush with the floor.

Whatever you do, I would go with a flange with a stainless steel ring. I was wondering if something with a 45 degree outlet, such as Sioux Chief Model 889-45PMPK2, would help reduce bends, but that would require digging concrete.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks