Moving the kitchen to another room

Users who are viewing this thread

Mutako

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have my eyes on a cheap house, but i would want to change some things. In the picture below you can see all the changes I want to make, but the main concern is the kitchen. Is it even doable to move it like that and what should I consider in such case? I want to have a rough idea of the price for such an endeavor and, of course, if it's even possible.

Unfortunately i don't have any plumbing plans and this is basically the whole information I got.

before and after.JPG

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
To move plumbing it is usually easy if there is access from the floor below. If there is a basement, it's easy. If it is a concrete floor, very expensive since the floor has to be cut and broken up to an extent and a lot of digging. Another is the access to the roof for venting. If there is a second floor it may require walls to be opened up to run pipe to the roof. Venting is critical for proper and good drainage.
Cost wise it is impossible to since everywhere in the world, cost of materials and labor are different.

Mutako

Reaction score
Thank you very much! It's just one ground floor, no basement, but I found a plumber in the area and he's gonna visit the house tomorrow to see what's the actual situation.

Mutako

Reaction score
Thank you all for your answers!
I've talked to some professionals and we figured another way of doing it - basically making a kitchen isle in the living room (later kitchen-wanna-be) and pulling the drainage pipe to the left outside of the house, because the gathering place for the drainage is in the bottom left corner of the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks