Moving shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Dprocket

Reaction score
About 15 years ago, I added a bathroom with shower in my unfinished basement. I installed a round, corner shower kit unit with a drain that was 6" off center. To do this, I dug a trench in my basement foundation, and installed a drain that connected to the basement drain. I covered it with gravel, quickcrete and then tile.

It worked well for all these years.

It's now time to replace the shower unit (the first one I installed was not built to last) and install a new kit. Again, I have a round, corner shower kit, but this drain is 12" off center. I need to move the shower drain about 5.5" toward the center of the area.

I'd prefer not to rent a jack hammer for such a tiny area. What steps would you take for this?

Also, are there any drain offsets that would allow me to use my existing shower drain? The "X" in the picture shows the new drain location. The shower drain itself connects to the main drain direct East in this picture.

Attachments

• PXL_20230305_232117109-2.jpg
    PXL_20230305_232117109-2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 77

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depending on how deep your trap is, this shower drain might work. Tho, you have to spin the top on from above.. so you have to have everything below DEAD NUTS ON both elevation and center.. Just make sure to mock it up and make sure you can set it with no issues before you're gluing and setting it in mortar.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks