Moving LPG Water Heater and Clothes Dryer

Users who are viewing this thread

Charp

Reaction score
The water heater is in a back corner of the daylight basement, vented under an operable window and didn't have a propane drain for the basement - I took care of the last one. The water heater is getting moved upstairs into it's own closet with outside access. The dryer will be next to the water heater but inside a newly framed laundry room.
I'm trying to figure out how to keep the appliances functioning in their current location and plumb gas to the new location. Of course it's all iron pipe. Only thing I can figure is to cut out a section of iron pipe so that I can un-thread a section and have a place to connect CSST? If I leave the gas pipe charged when cutting then I won't have to deal with this, or anything else for that matter!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
If I leave the gas pipe charged when cutting

That is not a good plan. In fact its the opposite of a good plan. Why can't you shut down the gas and then just relight each fixture? That is how gas is worked on normally.

The only way you could do it without shutting off the main, is to connect after a valve located at an appliance like the existing water heater. That way you actually can control the flow and not be doing something monumentally dangerous and life threatening.

Charp

Reaction score
LoL! Still kickin'
I guess I wasn't clear enough on the plan. Yes the gas will be turned off for the work but it can't be off for too long, less than a day, since we're living here.
Yes I have been putting this off until I have a clear, executable plan so that we can cook, take showers, not be too inconvenienced. If it was summertime I'd move the truck camper in front in case it took longer than expected.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks