Moving Island vent to an actual island

Users who are viewing this thread

Pat353

Reaction score
Hello,

What a great forum and after a bit of searching, I'm afraid I'm still not 100 percent sure on my answer so here goes.

Currently, I have this:
Y5eLfVI.jpg

I want to knock that wall down and move the drain and water over about 55" (towards me from where I took that pic) to a new island. The island will cover the water lines and drain line but the problem is that the stud in the middle of the loop, is right in line with the edge of the island so the vent pipe on the right in the picture is not going to work. I had a plumber come out that seemed overwhelmed so I was researching the best solution. I know the electrical comes out there so we will have to move that but can we chisel around the vent, cut it just below the top of the cement, cap it/fill with concrete so it's flush (I've read a lot of people do the newspaper thing and while I don't want to chisel the slab, is the correct), then run the drain horizontal with the correct slope to the new kitchen and use an AAV like below? Can we use PEX to move the supply over and leave the existing incoming pipes under the island how they are?

kitchen-sink-diagrams-imposing-ideas-kitchen-sink-drain-diagram-inspirational-plumbing-remodel-kitchen-sink-plumbing-diagrams-with-garbage-disposal.jpg

Pat353

Reaction score
Had another plumber out and I'm kicking myself for not doing it myself now, he is going to do the exact same thing I had planned but will be using copper. He said the current copper set up is no longer to Florida code, which I did not know so I guess paying him makes sense.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks