Moving house supply line 12"

Users who are viewing this thread

Agesilaus

Reaction score
The copper supply line comes into my house in the basement about a foot from the wall. The house was built in 1964, and one of the gate valves is frozen, and the other leaks, so I am going to replace the valves. While I am doing this, I was thinking about moving the supply line over about 12" so the meter is along the wall instead of in the middle of the floor. Could I cut a groove in the concrete floor and use two 90s to move it to the wall, or would I need to drill a new hole to the pipe under the foundation? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Agesilaus

Reaction score
From visual inspection only, the pipe that comes through the floor seems to be regular 3/4" pipe. Is it usually flexible tubing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks