Moving bathroom sink water supply lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Wheeler

Reaction score
I need to move my bathroom sink to a new location. What is the correct way to move the water pipes? The walls are concrete block and the floor is concrete slab. I would prefer to cut a channel in the concrete slab as I think this would be easier than cutting a channel in the concrete block and less damaging to the structure of the room. Is it Ok to do this? Also I would like to continue the same water lines to supply the shower. Currently they run of different supply lines but I cant see a problem with running a common line and splitting it. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The drain is usually more difficult than the water lines and I would ALWAYS prefer to run them in the wall rather than under concrete, especially if you wish to continue them to a shower valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks