Moving bathroom sink plumbing around corner

Users who are viewing this thread

smdiye

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am doing a small bathroom remodel. I would like to have a pedestal sink; however, the current sink drain comes off to the side of where I would like the sink - which would not be very aesthetically pleasing. Instead, I would like to route it to come directly behind the sink (between the two water lines). The floor is concrete so I would like to avoid trying to open it up if possible. My question is can I make that many bends with the drain and is it too far from the stack vent? I have included a photo. If I am able to make the bend, total pipe from the stack vent would be ~50”. Thank you in advance.

BR-sink-drain.jpg

BR-sink-drain-2.jpg

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Doing what recommended will involve boring large holes through at least 3 studs - and we don't know what kind of a wall this is.
So here is the question: Will the new sink and counter top be touching the wall on the right?
If yes, you could leave it as is and just adjust the trap to fit the new sink?

smdiye

Reaction score
Doing what recommended will involve boring large holes through at least 3 studs - and we don't know what kind of a wall this is.
So here is the question: Will the new sink and counter top be touching the wall on the right?
If yes, you could leave it as is and just adjust the trap to fit the new sink?

No and that is the issue - it will not be touching the wall on the right as it is a freestanding sink. I was thinking that at least for the vent I could run it straight up and across the ceiling to avoid drilling an additional set of holes and going back through the bend. It definitely is going to be tough to make the turn...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks