Moving basement toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Moving toilet location in basement slab.

I have removed all the concrete and am ready to move the waste pipe for my toilet. I currently have a Sioux Chief TKO toilet flange (model 883-AT) installed and I will be replacing with the same.

This flange can go inside 4" pipe or over 3" pipe. Hopefully I can explain this properly. Currently, the set-up is the flange is installed inside a 90 degree elbow with 4" opening that reduces to 3" that connects to the waste line. The problem is that I cannot find this 4" to 3" reducing elbow at Home Depot or Lowes. Is it OK to simply put the flange over 3" pipe or is there a reason it is set-up this way in the basement slab? The set-up on the other bathrooms I have is the same flange goes over a 3" 90 street elbow connecting to the waste line. The basement slab install is the only one that connects into this 4" to 3" reducing 90 elbow.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer

sioux-chief-888-atm-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaction score
Figured it out on my own....

For those that looked but didn't know and might be interested for their own future use.

The 4" to 3" elbow was so that a 4" pipe could extend above floor level before the concrete was poured. Then the 4" pipe was cut flush to the newly poured floor and the flange was dropped in. Couldn't be done with the 3" pipe sticking out of the floor as it would have been surrounded by concrete not allowing it to be solvent welded inside the flange.

Last edited:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Standard procedure is to wrap the pipe with foam wrap and mummify it with duct tape which leaves a good inch around the pipe when it is time to connect the flange.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would consider the 884-ATM to be a much better choice of flange.
I do not use all plastic closet flanges.

sioux-chief-888-atm-01.jpg

sioux-chief-888-atm-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks