Moving basement rough in, need advice

Users who are viewing this thread

snokel

Reaction score
Hi,
My builder put the rough in for our future basement bathroom directly under the main beam and hvac that runs up and
down the length of the house, so unless I wanted a bathroom with tons of soffits and a low shower I need to move it over so it clears the main beam.

I have broken up the cement and will soon be digging out the gravel but I am not sure if the the shower should have it's own vent since it will be close or
slightly over the 8 foot max from the vent. The existing shower pipe connects to a wye further down the 3 inch pipe behind the vent. ( I cracked the vent pipe breaking up the cement and it's where the red tape is in the attached pic)

In the attached picture the builder had the vent directly behind the water closet pipe about 13 inches and that's where the wall would have been, but we will be adding the wall under the main beam so the water closet has to be moved over about 2 feet to be on the other side of the beam/wall. They had the vent off a wye with a 45 street bend and I don't think that will work as it will stick up too far the way
they have it now. So I was wondering if I had the wye laying down and ran a 2 inch pipe off of that to the new wall location.

has anyone done anything similar? or should I just bite the bullet and hire a plumber to ensure it passes inspection?

(I do have a permit for this :)

Thanks

Attachments

• rough_in.jpg
    rough_in.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 340
  • rough_in_moved.jpg
    rough_in_moved.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:

snokel

Reaction score
I am getting a few quotes from local plumbers to see how much it would be
for them to layout the new locations so it passes inspection. I can't imagine it would be super expensive
since I already busted out the concrete and will put down the new vapor barrier and pour the new concrete myself.

Anyone do something like this that could give some advice?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks