Moving a kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

_Hector_

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have questions on how to comply with the Ontario Construction Code for moving a kitchen sink. The current configuration is like this one:

Vent Maximum Distance.jpg

The new location of the sink is further apart from the vent pipe. My questions are:
  1. Does this configuration have a name?
  2. Is the distance "A" defined in the Code?
  3. What is the maximum distance from the sink drain to the vent pipe? The Code specifies in 7.5.6.3 (3) that:
    " the distance between the connections of the fixture drain to the fixture and the vent pipe shall not exceed,
    (a) 1 000 mm in the vertical plane, and
    (b) 3 m in the horizontal plane." Is 3 m the answer to this question?

Thank you!

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have questions on how to comply with the Ontario Construction Code for moving a kitchen sink. The current configuration is like this one:

The new location of the sink is further apart from the vent pipe. My questions are:
  1. Does this configuration have a name?
  2. Is the distance "A" defined in the Code?
  3. What is the maximum distance from the sink drain to the vent pipe? The Code specifies in 7.5.6.3 (3) that:
    " the distance between the connections of the fixture drain to the fixture and the vent pipe shall not exceed,
    (a) 1 000 mm in the vertical plane, and
    (b) 3 m in the horizontal plane." Is 3 m the answer to this question?

Thank you!
1.8 metres is the number you’re looking for, this is the max distance allowed from the trap to the vent connection.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks