Moving a drain line

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Albanese

Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some advice on moving a shower drain line.

I’m relocating a vanity and a shower. I intend to use a linear drain. I was hoping to use it on the wall instead of the shower opening.

A plumber came out yesterday and said he’s not sure he would be able to get a proper pitch and still stay 2 inches below the top of the joists. The pic shows the idea of where the shower and vanity will be and where they need to connect. Shower drain would be right below where the bottom of the pic is.

I realize I could flip the shower tray and put the linear drain at the shower entrance but ideally I don’t want to do that.

Any suggestions on what I could do? Since it’s on the outer third of the joist run, could I notch out 1.5-1.75 inches off the top of the joist. I’d be notching out right around 1/6th of the joist width.

Also, Changing the 1.5 inch pipe to 2”, is not a realistic option. The drain line I’m connecting to is already 1.5 inches.

Attachments

• DA11F199-3A98-430A-80E0-8B6D5CFE2C86.jpeg
    DA11F199-3A98-430A-80E0-8B6D5CFE2C86.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 97
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks