Move Toto entrada back a inch

Users who are viewing this thread

Drake4646

Reaction score
I am installing a Toto Entrada toilet and my rough in is a 3 x 4 closet flange set for 13.5 inches. It’s a small bathroom so I would like to set it back a bit. There was a previous thread by terry that mentioned using a repair flange to set the toilet back a inch. That’s really all I would need. Just need more specifics on how to do that.

Reach4

Reaction score
Specifics would require specifics. That is probably not the job for a repair flange.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
With the Entrada I can move the bolts back 3/8" closer to the wall if needed.
The horn of the Entrada is 2-5/8" settled within a 3" drain. That gives you 3/8" to work with.

cst243ef-orange.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As you move the bolts back towards the rear, the curved slots get closer together. There's a limit on how far you can go before the bolts won't go up through the holes in the toilet. But, yes, just slide the bolts back a bit. The horn on the outlet of the toilet's ID is a bit over 2", the hole in the flange is at least 3" on most of them, so you're limitation is the thickness of the rim of the horn and the slop on the hold down bolts in the base of the toilet. You have to be careful to ensure the wax ring seals all around.

Drake4646

Reaction score
As you move the bolts back towards the rear, the curved slots get closer together. There's a limit on how far you can go before the bolts won't go up through the holes in the toilet. But, yes, just slide the bolts back a bit. The horn on the outlet of the toilet's ID is a bit over 2", the hole in the flange is at least 3" on most of them, so you're limitation is the thickness of the rim of the horn and the slop on the hold down bolts in the base of the toilet. You have to be careful to ensure the wax ring seals all around.
Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks