Move toilet closer to wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

TMurray

Reaction score
We are doing a small bathroom reno on 100 y/o Boston property. In order for the door to close, the current toilet (14" flange) sits askew. However, the toilet is several inches out from the wall, so moving it back allows the toilet to sit straight and the door to close. I think the Toto Vespin II with the unfit adapter solves our problem. This may be a dumb question, but for a 14" flange, do I order the 14" adapter? That will move it closer to the wall?

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes. Yes, the 14 inch Unifit adapter moves the toilet 2 inches close to the wall.

It may be possible to adjust further.

unifit_choice.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sounds like they put a 12" rough in toilet on your 14" rough in. As far as I know, Toto is the only one with something like the UniFit adapter that keeps the toilet the same overall length but lets you adjust it relative to the wall by picking the appropriate adapter. Many of the others, make the tank thinner or deeper to fill that gap, while projecting the toilet further out into the room from the flange. Assuming (and this is critical!) that your rough-ins are accurately either 10, 12, or 14", in each case, with the appropriate adapter, the toile will sit approximately 3/4" from the wall.

Yes, if your rough-in is actually 14", you will need to order the optional 14" one, and there is no credit for the 12" one you won't be using.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks