Move Basement laundry from Upstairs Shower Stack to Upstairs kitchen stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Mranderson1984

Reaction score
Currently my basement Washer and Utility Sink is connected to the vent stack that has a shower and tub connected on the first floor. I would like to move it across the room to connect to the kitchen(Sink/Dish washer) stack(2"). Would the attached mock up work.

Attachments

• MockUp.png
    MockUp.png
    456 KB · Views: 83

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's a no can do. The drawing your showing is wrong. You can't drain into a vent.

dwv_b2.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any plumbing on a second story needs to wye in below the first floor. You can't use the venting for waste pipes. Vents go through the roof, venting sewer gas. They also provide an air break to disrupt a siphon that can suck water from traps, which again allows sewer gas into the home. Venting and waste are two different animals.

You can wye in below the lower floor connections.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks