Mounting flange in new concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott580sm

Reaction score
I have broken out my basement floor to add a bathroom for teenagers. Rough plumbing is in and I’m ready to patch the concrete. Had an idea I wanted to toss out and get some feedback on before committing to it. I’m thinking about pouring (6) 1/4” stainless bolts into the patch, threads up with nuts at the ends, already inserted in the toilet flange mounting holes. Planning on cutting the 3” pvc and gluing the flange on to be at finished floor height and just letting the concrete build up under the flange to avoid having to tile underneath. Figured a turn or two of the nuts after the floor cures would really solidify things. Never been much on drilling anchors into bag mix concrete and trusting them to be stout. Tend to overbuild things, though. Thoughts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks