Most Reliable RPP Backflow Model?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
People say it cost a lot then one has to ask how much is the public safety worth?

Robinasu

Reaction score
Good point. Firdt, I would also ask how effective the units really are and is the total economic cost reasonable, or in the region of diminishing returns.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are MANY other options which are just as effective and less expensive. Where the ARE required it is because the OHJ decided on the "one size fits all" apprroach.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a Wilken backflow device, can't say specifically the model, but it is tested each spring and occasionally minor repairs like O rings are replaced, but nothing major as far as cost is concerned. I would venture to opine than any major manufacturer's device would be as reliable as then next. They are all man-made devices and subject to needing repairs. That's why annual certifications are required. Even a Rolls Royce has to be repaired sometimes. Get what you like based on whatever you think has the best parts diagram.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Point is, if your local codes require it, you have to comply, regardless of cost. I'm not saying that this is required by your code, be that is what you implied in your original post. Maybe further inquiry to your local authority to see if there are other options.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks