Most Reliable Hot Water Heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Longlasting

Reaction score
Our Amtrol Indirect Fired Water Heater, 41 gals., is leaking badly and needs replacing.

Our oil company sales guy (we live one hr. north of NYC) was here and says we have:

-that he can replace for $1500
The S/N on it is inaccessible at this time due to the tank being so close to the wall.

but he suggests:
-this one instead by HTP
http://www.htproducts.com/superstor-ult ... eater.html
-that will supposedly last longer and that costs:
$3500
-also with a lifetime warranty that would require $1500 for replacement.

I don't know the company HTP; does anyone?

Guidance appreciated.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
$1500 labor to replace a 'lifetime' tank seems high to me, but may be normal for your area. If I remember, HTC bought SuperStor. I had an issue with a SuperStor and the labor to replace was around $250, no charge for the tank itself. It would have been less, but the location of the input and outlet piping was different and required some rework (not much, though). All in all, after draining the old tank, it took them less than an hour to tear it out and get the new one hooked up. They had to make a run after verifying the old tank was under warranty and needed to be replaced to pick up a new one, and that added to the billable time.

Longlasting

Reaction score
Many thanks for your response.

Could you tell me what you think of:

Amtrol BoilerMate WH-41Z Indirect-Fired Hot Water Heater, Gray, 41 Gal, 3/4" NPT

And do they need to be drained regularly.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks