Moentrol, Help Me Identify Moen Valve..

Users who are viewing this thread

Ravell

Reaction score
Help Identify This Moen Valve?
So bought a house that was built in 1957, redid much of the house electrical, floors, lower bathroom etc prior to moving in 2017, left the main bathroom as is till last weekend (plaster walls and tiles = good times) we have this valve that I can’t seem to identify looking online. Ideally I would like to jut buy a new Trim plate (escutcheon) and be done with it. I will use a moen shower head and tub spout that I ordered already. I Ordered a moen trim plate but the plate inner hole is to large so have to send that back, the original ID was about 1”, this new one is about an 1 1/4. Anyways firstly need to identify the valve so I can order correct trim plate. I tried calling moen this weekend but closed only Monday through Friday. Will call again today.. But I know you all can help me figure this out before that.

thanks Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

moentrol-ravell-01.jpg

256CB81F-33C2-495F-9B4B-E84B64418DBC.jpeg
08406801-5305-40EC-AA33-1C49D963BCC7.jpeg
193ACF57-328E-4AA2-A568-8CFCB1C3218D.jpeg
603A3817-C630-4FB8-A606-2CA373E2FDF9.jpeg
C74FCF22-3A4C-40F1-9A9B-EF86F66CA45F.jpeg
D256B862-F1FD-48C6-A8C3-1BDBC9DF610D.jpeg

Note there is a cut out on the wall behind the valve with a cover so I’m assuming this valve was put in later on possibly.

Ravell

Reaction score
Wow thanks Terry! I don’t think I would have been able to describe that over the phone. Now I can just order any Moentrol trim kit? Such as the Moen TL170 legend Moentrol trim kit?

moen-tl170-trim.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yes, any of those listed for Moentrol will work for that.
The picture has the mounting screws blurred out. I know sometimes when I take pictures of chrome trim it shows a reflection of whoever is taking the picture.

Ravell

Reaction score
Thanks again! The wait for moen representative on the phone is 2hours 15 mins so glad for the assistance!! Cheers R

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks