Moen T8360 Transfer Valve Facia - Is the 3360 Valve Required Or Can I Use The 3372 Valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

sirbOOmdotcom

Reaction score
First, new to the forum. Hi, hello, wassup, yo!

Gutting the hell out of my house room by room and I'm on the main bathroom right now. Boy have I found some half-@$$ work along the way that I've had to fix from literally an unused yet live 50' coil of 12/2 wire terminating to nothing but air (and briefly my hand, which is how I first found it!) sitting on top of a closed up ceiling all the way to concentrated subfloor damage from a leaky toilet that must have been present in the past that was just mudset over instead of being properly replaced. That's how it goes...

So on to this bathroom.

I'll start with my question, then I'll include my plumbing plans in case you're curious or want to judge. :) I'm not someone opposed to or squeamish about feedback. But don't tell me you're a Packers fan...

Question: I have decided to use the Moen Commercial line because I want the trim to be made of actual metal, the total combined price is right, and the design happens to be complimentary. I'd like to know if I can use the Moen 3372 transfer valve with the Moen T8360 (commercial) transfer valve trim vs. the 3360 transfer valve that it "calls for". The 3360 valve is an independent 3-function design intended to divert to a shower head or hand-held or tub spout. I figure if I use the 3372, I can install a tub spout with a built-in diverter and then be able to run the shower head + hand-held, if, of course, the tub diverter is shut. I will be using the 8373HD posi-temp valve (the crimp PEX inlet model).

Plumbing Plans:
- Regular shower head
- Hand-held shower head
- Bath tub spout

- Overhead (ceiling) rain shower

Regular shower head, hand-held, and bath tub spout to be fed from one 8373HD + chosen transfer valve (either 3372 or 3360, depending on answer to my question). 8373HD valve gets 1/2" supply direct from main 3/4" hot and cold water lines. Overhead rain shower will be operated off of a second 8373HD fed with independent 1/2" water lines also directly from the main 3/4" hot and cold water lines.

I am doing things this way because I want separate temperature control for the overhead shower and would rather have as much water pressure as possible for the overhead shower. I would like a Moentrol-design valve for the rain shower but apparently the Moentrol valve doesn't work with the T8360 trim, which I will be using. Not a big deal as I have yet to ever want to change the water volume, just the temperature. Temperature memory also means nothing to me; somehow I always end up with a nice temperature with a posi-temp/similar. :)

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It sounds like a fun set up.

Do you plan on running both the regular shower head and the hand held together at any point?

OPERATION • Detents at each flow position • Valve operates 3 distinct functions but can be plumbed for 2 distinct functions

DESCRIPTION • Three function transfer valve - 2 discrete outputs & 1 shared mode

https://pro.moen.com/shared/pro/files/MF3322.pdf

sirbOOmdotcom

Reaction score
I've scrapped this design and am simplifying. Decided to sell the house and move closer to the city so I don't need to do this fancy stuff for someone else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks