Moen shower/tub handle won’t come off

Users who are viewing this thread

TCC

Reaction score
Hello All,

I’m trying to replace the cartridge in my Moen shower/tub for the first time since purchasing the house 10 yrs ago. It’s developing a small leak coming from the base of the handle at certain positions.

I removed the cap and screw from the handle but it won’t budge. I’m afraid to wiggle the handle with too much force so I won’t break something else.

There’s no other set screws of that sort on the handle. Do I need to grab a handle puller to get the job done or are there simpler methods to remove a stubborn handle?

Thank you.

51F42549-7736-43D6-BC6B-62673EBCBD78.jpeg
6FE7DCF7-52E8-4E2B-9404-5ED16DDCC2ED.jpeg

TCC

Reaction score
Thank you Terry.

Been at it for 30 min now and it still won’t budge…ugh. Something so simple always is the hardest.

Any other “tricks” to remove a stuck on handle?

TCC

Reaction score
04559784.jpg
Sorry I should’ve also mentioned that I was also using the puller with no success.

I would insert the pin into the hole and start tightening but it seems it bottoms out or is to the point where I can’t tighten it any more.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks