Moen shower problem

Users who are viewing this thread

david patrick

Reaction score
my shower has been dripping and was told to replace the valve assembly. i bought a replacement 1222 moen valve and after removing old one replaced it with new one but it still drips. could it be another problem?

moen1222.jpg

Moen replacement 1222 for the Posi-Temp Shower Valve

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It is an OEM or a clone? If a clone, then sometimes they aren't all that great.

david patrick

Reaction score
it looks just like one in picture, however the one i took out also had a rubber seal at bottom also. the package said moen' bought it at home depot. thankyou for your help.

SteveMar

Reaction score
This is interesting,and I don't have a solution. But I have about the same problem. Brand new Moen shower fawcetts installed by competent experienced bathroom remodelers. Tub spout was dripping right away, cartridge was factory issued OEM. I have a replacement 1222 cartridge sent straight from Moen, but I have not replaced it yet because I am not sure whether this will correct the problem. Anybody run into this and have a good solution?

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
On rare occasions, the moen faucet that I just bought and installed right out of the box, will drip. And it turns out the cartridge has chewed up o-rings from the factory. However, I still trust Moen/Delta above all others.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Most times the problem is caused by overheating the valve when installing it. We remove the stem prior to soldering the valve body in place.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks