Moen shower diverter stuck

Users who are viewing this thread

David Rohland

Reaction score
The diverter in my shower will not turn at all. I removed the handle, extension, sleeve and bonnet nut. I cannot get the diverter to move at all. It won't turn nor come out. Any suggestions as to how to remove this? I tried turning it with a pliers but did not use too much force for fear of breaking the plastic stem.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Moen cartridges can be tough to get out. First you must remove the clip but before you do, get a replacement.

Attachments

• diverter.jpg
    diverter.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 318

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
If the cartridge doesn't come right out (which they rarely do). Do yourself a favor and buy the removal tool. They can be found on amazon for less than 10 bucks. It's well worth the small investment to save yourself a lot of headaches.

David Rohland

Reaction score
If the cartridge doesn't come right out (which they rarely do). Do yourself a favor and buy the removal tool. They can be found online for less than 10 bucks. It's well worth the small investment to save yourself a lot of headaches.
I don't see a clip on this.
upload_2019-12-17_11-40-40.jpeg

This is what it looks like from behind.

upload_2019-12-17_11-41-24.jpeg

David Rohland

Reaction score
I dug out all the putty and still do not see any clip. this is a plastic stem and diverter. I still cannot turn it or remove it. Any other suggestions? Here are photos after the putty is removed.
IMG_20191218_175728693.jpg IMG_20191218_174901791.jpg

HudsonDIY

Reaction score
My apologies, initially I read that Worth identified your faucet as a Moen and ran with it, but this doesn't look like any Moen I've ever seen. Hopefully one of the pros can chime in and correctly ID your faucet.

David Rohland

Reaction score
My apologies, initially I read that Worth identified your faucet as a Moen and ran with it, but this doesn't look like any Moen I've ever seen. Hopefully one of the pros can chime in and correctly ID your faucet.
It is a Moen - at least that is what is inscribed on the sleeves.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This is about the worse video there is but you might get the idea what this idiot was doing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks