Moen Roman Tub valve set installed. Cold wont turn off

Users who are viewing this thread

JThiessen

Reaction score
Just got a new tub valve set installed (Moen) and after I got everything hooked up (no leaks - yeah!), went to turn off the water and the cold side wont turn off. For the full 180 degree turn of the handle, it doesnt appear to make any difference in the flow rate of the water.
This was likely a new old stock that I purchased, if that makes any difference.
Any tips on how these things are adjusted - if they even can be?

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take the handle off and turn the probly plastic cartridge by hand. You should be able to turn it 360 degrees. If so just turn it 180 degrees from how you had it and put handle back on

JThiessen

Reaction score
It has the brass slotted cap that the handle engages. Down inside that cap it appears to have a Phillips screw. Are you saying to remove that screw and then this plastic cartridge can pull out?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
For A Roman tub I'm picturing two separate handles with plastic stems. If that is the case something has to be wrong with the stem probably. O-ring might be missing.

(Ok, thanks Hj. I fixed it.)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks