Moen pulldown kitchen faucet water pressure issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Brownt

Reaction score
We continue to have less hot water pressure than cold thru our wand. Replaced the cartridge and same thing. Verified pressure going to faucet is good for both hot and cold. So something not right in the faucet.
Hard to get support or parts because I don't have the model number of the faucet. The original owners said Moen and purchased at Lowe's. I have googled endlessly.

Help. What kind do I have and how do I troubleshoot more?

b5913b92-73c9-4184-85e4-fb875e5ad4f9.JPG

IMG_2236 (1).jpg

IMG_2235 (1).jpg

f95f0b35-b05f-49d4-a14f-ecdb17f98818.JPG

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
Yes, the flow is good without the sprayer head or wand.
soak the head in CLR for a while or buy a new head also the heads do get debris in them form time to time, take it apart if you can and clean it. if you get good flow up to the spray head then common sense tells you the spray head is clogged.

Reach4

Reaction score
You might see if yours can be cleaned in a similar way to this:

After cleaning, you might be inspired to consider a whole-house cartridge filter on you incoming indoor water.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
We continue to have less hot water pressure than cold thru our wand.....

Where you ever satisfied with the flow rate or did the flow rate slowed up recently.
Is the water getting hot with the cold water stop valve closed?
With the hot off and cold only, is there a big difference in flow rate?
The picture shows that everything is new. Are the angle stop valves also new?

If possible, can the hot and cold lines to the faucet be reversed? If yes try it and see how hot the water gets with both hot and cold turned on. If it is the same reversed, both flow rate and temperature, it the design of the faucet or the hot stop valve has blockage reducing the flow.

New faucets must meet water flow rates. This is for a Water Sense labeled faucet.
https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2017-01/documents/ws-products-spec-faucets.pdf The water flow rate for your model may be normal.

Brownt

Reaction score
The cold water pressure is better. I had a plumber come and reverse hot and cold and the hot side is always lower pressure. Significantly lower. These were put in just 2 years ago.

How do I access the angle stop valves to replace them?

How do i know what wand/sprayer to buy if CLR doesn’t fix. I can’t find the model number or anything that looks like this on google

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
Here is your faucet! http://www.kraususa.com/kitchen/kitchen-faucets.html

I would call their customer service and explain the problem. They may know about this issue and have a fix for it.

A clean spray head has nothing to do with the hot side water flow. It’s at the valve body or valve that controls the water flow. The plumber reversing the water lines proved the stop (shutoff) valves are Ok. These type faucets come from the factory with the 3/8” water lines connected to the valve body at the faucet. There are small tubes brazed onto the valve body so the flex lines can be permanently crimped on. My though is that some debris or a small piece of solder is causing a blockage near these small tubes. Another possibility is when the faucet was manufactured, the valve body is machined, the hole drilled for the hot water side is too small.

It may just be easier if you replace the entire faucet but this is a high quality piece.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-14_8-33-20.jpeg
    upload_2019-6-14_8-33-20.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you replace stops go with 1/4 turns. The multi turn valve seals break up on the hot side.

shutoff-bad-washer-1.jpg

Those little bits of rubber can block passageways.
I have sometimes reversed the connection and pointed one of the supplies into a bucket and tried to back flush the valve.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
Brownt; When you stated "hot side" still had a low pressure flow after the plumber reversed the connection, 1) was it the the hot water running through the normal cold water side of the faucet, or 2) the cold water was running low through the normal hot side of the faucet?

1) If yes then it is the shut off valve.
2) If yes, then there is blockage in the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks