Moen posi-temp problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Jletchford

Reaction score
I've just replaced the cartridge for the Moen posi-temp single handle shower in my bathroom. If I turn the handle left I get hot water. If I turn it right of center I get cold water. The cartridge isn't mixing the two. Any ideas?

Jletchford

Reaction score
Joe Joe, it does. I was able to get the problem sorted out by scouring the web and some trial and error. The valve comes with the flat ends of the stem that the handle screws into aligned with the plastic part that indicates H/C. After some trial and error I was able to get it to mix but not turn off by turning the stem 90 degrees with the flat part (with the notch) on the bottom). I then removed the valve again, turned the notch to the "up" position and tried again, viola, hot-cold-warm. There's nothing in the literature about turning the stem one way or the other in the package but, luckily, forums like this one and others will help steer you in the right direction.

Joe joe

Reaction score
Joe Joe, it does. I was able to get the problem sorted out by scouring the web and some trial and error. The valve comes with the flat ends of the stem that the handle screws into aligned with the plastic part that indicates H/C. After some trial and error I was able to get it to mix but not turn off by turning the stem 90 degrees with the flat part (with the notch) on the bottom). I then removed the valve again, turned the notch to the "up" position and tried again, viola, hot-cold-warm. There's nothing in the literature about turning the stem one way or the other in the package but, luckily, forums like this one and others will help steer you in the right direction.
Good to hear you got it sorted out

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
From your description, I do NOT know what the problem was, nor how your "cure" fixed it, since I have never had anything like the occur when I fix a Positemp valve. Normally, if you rotated the "stem/cartridge" 180 degrees it would change the hot/cold orientation. Most valves, other than Kohler and a couple of others ALWAYS rotate CCW cold to hot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks