Moen Posi-temp No Water New Construction

Users who are viewing this thread

Guarrac1no

Reaction score
Let me start by saying, I'm handy, but not a plumber. I recently finished my basement, including a full bath myself. Everything is closed up and now I have no water at my shower head. I know I should have tested this before closing everything up.

I installed the Moen 2590 Posi-Temp valve. I am using PEX + Sharkbite. I plugged the tub outlet with a brass plug. Here is a (blurry) picture from the install:

posi-in-wall.jpg

Now that everything is closed up, I pulled the cartridge and flushed both the hot and cold with seemingly equal pressure on both sides.

• I have both valves open completely.
  • I opened the stops so that they are horizontal to the floor.
  • I played with the stops to see if I had unequal pressure, with no luck.
  • I removed the shower head and shower arm to ensure there were no blocks and the screen was clean.
  • I replaced the cartridge to ensure that wasn't blocked.
The only other things I can think are 1) the valve is bad or 2) there is a blockage somewhere between the stops and the shower arm. Appreciate your help!

IMG_1279.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
moen-62320-01.jpg

Notice the small passageway for water to find it's way from the tub spout to the shower head?

moen-62320-02.jpg

moen-62320-03.jpg

If solder finds it's way down that hole, then no water, or at lest very little water makes it to the shower head.

moen-62320-04.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks