Moen Posi-temp handle hard to turn clockwise

Users who are viewing this thread

pheasant81

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Moen Posi-temp shower/tub faucet (don't have the model # in front of me at this time) that is just over 2 years old and has recently become very hard to turn clockwise into the "off" position. I have noticed no difference when opening the valve, just closing it. The sound of the water changes when closing it as well, almost sounds like it does when you start to pull the shower handle up to switch the flow. I don't know if this is a cartridge issue or something else? I have also heard that Moen will replace these parts free of charge under warranty, any truth to this?

I would great appreciate any help that could be directed my way. Thanks.

M

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Moen will send a new cartridge.
It kind of depends on how hard. I know Moen replaces if they leak, but they do get stiffer over time. I would call their tech support.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You might try taking it out and applying some silicon plumber's grease...can't hurt, might help. A thin coating on the rubber parts may solve the issue.

pheasant81

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies. It is very hard to turn.....to the point that my 5 year old son couldn't even turn it. I'm worried that something may break if I force it any more. I will give tech support a call and see what they say. Thanks again.

M

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If you take it out, do NOT do anything to it and then reinstall it. Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN and they will send you a new cartridge. Getting the old one out can sometimes be a challenge even for a plumber with all the right tools.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks