Moen Monticello 4560 faucet cartridge replacement question

Users who are viewing this thread

NKaufman

Reaction score
Hello,

getting ready to replace cartridges for this faucet. instructions suggest to clean valve body before installing new cartridge.
"https://solutions.moen.com/Article_Library/Valve_Body_Cleaning_and_Flushing"
The last step mentions:
  • Remove any excess water from the bottom of the valve body. If the water is not eliminated, the cartridge will not fit all the way back in.
How does one do that? stick a finger in or push some paper towel in to soak the water?

moen-toothbrush.jpg

NKaufman

Reaction score
yes it does seem like it.

However, I'm stuck :) at removing the old cartridge, seems the darn thing is stuck.:)

Guess I need the Moen cartridge removal tool now

moen-cartridge-puller-2.jpg

Last edited:

NKaufman

Reaction score
thanks,
my faucet takes 1224B cartridge and it seems that this tool might not work for that.

pic-a.jpg
pic-b.jpg

Last edited:

NKaufman

Reaction score
its stuck bad.. I was looking at another post that suggested heating a screw driver and melting the plastic piece near the metal attachment so that it loosens a bit. Might start from the place where the notch is unless some other spot is better

NKaufman

Reaction score
Google search led to another possible method
"disconnected the water supply lines to the faucet and stuck a 5/16 rod into the water supply holes until they contacted the backside of the cartridges. Then I gently tapped them out."

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks