Moen kitchen faucet aerator replacment

Users who are viewing this thread

Gramps

Reaction score
I have a moen quinn 4 hole faucet that is a few years old. model CA87845SRS. According to the instructions page 1, the aerator cap appears to be cosmetic, meaning it can't be turned. http://www.moen.ca/shared/docs/exploded-parts-views/ca87845pt.pdf

This means that the aerator itself is a male, and fully protected. I don't see how it is possible to unscrew it with channel locks. How to i remove such an aerator? i wanted to install a culligan FM-15A water filter system on it.
What were they thinking?

Here is a photo for reference.

How am i suppose to remove this?

Attachments

• fdd.jpg
    fdd.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,147

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The aerator threads out. It normally comes with a tool for that, but a small point can find an open space there to spin it out.
If you want a water filter, you're better off installing one under the counter and running it a seperate tap or the cold on the faucet.

index.php

moen-neoperl-tool.jpg

Last edited:

Gramps

Reaction score
do you know of where i could get such a tool.
also do you mean sticking something inside the grille of the aerator and trring to spin it?

Gramps

Reaction score
The first thing i used was channel locks. No dice. I was wondering how to remove such an aerator (see page 1 of the hyperlink to moen's website at the top of the page)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks