Moen Disposer

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Did my first Moen disposer this morning.

Nothing out of the ordinary, so much. Has a cord like Waste-King, so I had to install an outlet. The reverse-osmosis filtration system in the sink cabinet greatly increased the pleasure of having chosen plumbing as a profession.

Otherwise, the unit is very light in weight, and installed easily using almost the same fittings as the ubiquitous Badger.

Other notes: the sink was a very thick cast material which gave me something like a millimeter of space to snap the split ring into, but it was enough. Also, when running, it sounded like something you hear at the airport as your plane turns onto the main runway. It's quieter if you put in the drain plug before switching it on.

No complaints, so far.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I hate installing those "pencil sharpeners". How do you run it with water when the "drain plug" in place
Gotta grin and bear it. It's an easy 125 bucks.

People use them in different ways. Me, I turn on the water, flip on the disposer, then feed the vintage veggies down the grinder.

Lot of people dump things down the disposer, then run it every few days. No lie.

I try to educate them, but it's like herding cats.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Also, when running, it sounded like something you hear at the airport as your plane turns onto the main runway.

That doesn't "sound" like I will be installing any if they make that much noise.

moen-disposers.jpg

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was waiting for a report on this Moen GD.

Looks like an ISE plus a cord. Is it made in China?

It's hard to break into the crowded GD market with a noisy grinder.

Stuff

Reaction score
Look like they are just Waste Kings painted black with a 3 bolt mount. Body is the same for low end and all the RPMs match.

Reach4

Reaction score
The Moen has permanent magnet motors rather than the induction motors that the others have. So they are very different under the case.

moen-prep-series-half-hp-02.jpg

Stuff

Reaction score
Waste King also lists using permanent magnet motors. Another reason I thought they were the manufacturer of the Moens.

Insinkerator is the one with induction.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks