Moen/Delta

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakehale

Reaction score
Hi folks. New here and I really like the forum. I am a believer that internet forums are a great source of information, and a great place to get help...

Hoping to get some help now :)

How alike are the Moen and Delta brands? I currently have a Moen set up in my shower, single handle type. I want to put in a Delta. I know how to do it but it would be just awsome if I didnt have to de-solder the old "body" and re-solder the new body. Body being the "manafold"??, (not to good at the correct terminology) where the handle attaches. It wouldnt be a big deal if I have to but it would save time if I didnt have to.

Thanks folks and looking forward to being around awhile.

Jake

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, you will have to. Unless some how the water lines are galvanized and the connections are threaded on to unions or you have PEX or CPVC. Or worse yet PB (quest).

Last edited:

Jakehale

Reaction score
Cass said:
Yes, you will have to. Unless some how the water lines are galvanized and the connections are threaded on to unions or you have PEX or CPVC. Or worse yet PB (quest).

Thank You.. I will now have to see what is behind the wall

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
To work on the valve inside the wall, first see if you can come throught from the other side of the wall. This eliminates having to cut your tile or fibreglass.

If not, then there are "remodel plates" available which allow you to cut a hole big enough to work through, then the remodel plate ( a large chrome plate) trims over the hole. Plan well. Find a plate, and cut a hole such that the plate will easily cover it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks