Moen Chateau Shower handle replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Hector Leos

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to replace my shower handle. It has the two bolts underneath the handle but all I find are ones with bolts above and below the handle. No one I've asked locally has ever seen one like it. It has no brand marking either to direct me in any way. I have no idea where to go from here other than replacing the entire fiberglass insert and redoing the plumbing. Anyone have any idea??

Attachments

• 1503626798782-519968327.jpg
    1503626798782-519968327.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 371

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Call Moen customer service, they will probably ask for pictures (after you remove the cover plate). They may even send you a new cartridge for free.

Hector Leos

Reaction score
Sorry, I was meaning the plate behind the handle had the two screws. I guess I haven't seen screws below the handle like that before. The one we bought to replace it has them in different spots and unfortunately won't work. Is Moen the only brand that carries that configuration?

Attachments

• 1503627720386502555062.jpg
    1503627720386502555062.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 335

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You're going to have a hard time using Delta on Moen. Not even close.
Like putting Ford parts on a Chevy.

What you have is the old Chateau.
You can pick up the Moentrol trim and use the adapter that gives you the two mounting holes at 7 and 5. Or the old style that works with the valve you have.

moen-chateau-crystal-handle.jpg

moen-tl473-1.jpg

Last edited:

Hector Leos

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I realized something wasn't right after we brought the Delta home. Ive never done it before so I let the wife pick out the one she wanted. I do appreciate the feedback, it has helped immensely

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks