Moen Chateau, Need assistance identifying this shower valve please

Users who are viewing this thread

LucyK74

Reaction score
We are remodeling my Mama's house (she passed away in April) and in an effort to save some money, we are trying to DIY as much as possible. This shower valve has had a slow leak for awhile but we have ignored it, until now--because we have to put the house on the market. My boyfriend and I are mechanically inclined enough to fix this issue if we can procure the parts for the valve...IF we can figure out what manufacturer it is. There are ZERO markings on the exterior or interior of the trim plate or the knob. The fruitcake that lived there prior to my Mama did the tile job and pumped the black silicon type stuff into the valve cavity and smacked the trim plate on. Not sure why, because the weld joints themselves are sound.

HOPEFULLY someone can provide assistance as I don't want to have to call a plumber in JUST to fix this...Thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide!!!

IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0319.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

LucyK74

Reaction score
So, you believe this is a Moen valve "Chateau" type? If I google that would I be able to pull up a schematic of it perhaps so I can order specific components? That would be great if that is possible! Thanks so much for the reply!

moen-chateau-trim-cp-03.jpg

LucyK74

Reaction score
Thank you tremendously Terry! This will help us VERY MUCH!!!! Your help has been invaluable. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You do NOT have a Moentrol valve, but Moentrol trim is what you need in order to get a greater variety of options.\
Moen makes an adapter to convert the old Chateau valve to the Moentrol trim style.

Last edited by a moderator:

LucyK74

Reaction score
You do NOT have a Moentrol valve, but Moentrol trim is what you need in order to get a greater variety of options.
I understand now! I contacted Moen and they sent me a list of the trims that will work along with the transition piece I will need in order to get them to fit. However, you guys got me to the part where I needed to be...that it was a Moen! Again, thank you tremendously! We bought the cartridge (actually both of them; will return whichever we don't use) today and will probably do the work this weekend.

Skinzfan72

Reaction score
This looks like the valve we have and are having a hard time finding a handle that fits. What did you wind up finding that works.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks