Moen Chateau faucet aerator will not screw in

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian0125

Reaction score
I have 2 identical moen chateau faucets in my main bathroom, someone (kids, eh?) took the aerator off one of the sinks and it will not screw back in. From what I can see they should all be 15/16" and seem to be universal. Took the one from the bad faucet and it screws in the other faucet with no issues. Am I missing something? Looking at having to replace the faucet because of the aerator?

faucetaerator.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Sounds cross-threaded in the problem spout.

Try the aerator, but turn the opposite of normal for tighening. Note that on each turn there would normally be a click as the backwards-turning aerator threads drop into the faucet threads. You may have two clicks per turn with the bad spout. Note where those clicks occur in the rotation, and try each-- after the click, try tightening from there. If it is not the right one, try the other click.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks