MOEN Chateau 2600 shower faucet handle

Users who are viewing this thread

James Knoblett

Reaction score
I have a pull out shower faucet where you pull it out to turn it on and then turn left or right for hot or cold. We recently replaced the shower in that bathroom and I realized that when I reinstalled the shower faucet that the handle still pulls in and out but when you turn it for hot or cold it never stops turning in either direction. I'm at a loss for what's causing this seeing as it worked just fine before the shower upgrade. Any help would be great!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Either you are missing the stop tube it prevents the know from going past the 3 and 9 position, or you have a new cartridge and a heavy handle that swings down by gravity until the cartridge gets a bit more resistance. They do get a bit stiffer in a very short while.

moen-2600-parts-terrylove-01.jpg

James Knoblett

Reaction score
Either you are missing the stop tube it prevents the know from going past the 3 and 9 position, or you have a new cartridge and a heavy handle that swings down by gravity until the cartridge gets a bit more resistance. They do get a bit stiffer in a very short while.

moen-2600-parts-terrylove-01.jpg

Thanks for the response Terry! This is what I'm looking at. I have the stop tube and I also have the same cartridge that was in there prior to the shower install. Is it possible that I have an incorrect faucet handle?

20210115_202524.jpg
20210115_202535.jpg

James Knoblett

Reaction score
I don't see a stop on the handle there. So yes, it can spin 360.

What stop on the handle are you referring to? Also, the problem seems to be that the current stop tube on the cartridge is not big enough (diameter wise) to make contact with the plastic stops inside the handle. Is it possible that I just have the wrong handle?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks