Moen bathtub fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

Pamwinter

Reaction score
I just remodeled my bathroom and when the tile guy put in the new tile, he just put backer board behind the tile. Originally there used to be backer board and drywall. Now when I’m trying to install the spigot it doesn’t sit flush to the wall and the handle that turns the water on and off doesn’t sit flush to the faceplate anymore. I bought new fixtures and they are Moen which is what I had before. I think the problem is I now have about a half inch extra space. The copper pipe is 3 1/2 inches long where the spigot goes. Is it possible to cut the pipe without harming the plumbing and if so, how do I do it? And how can I fix the handle so it is closer to the faceplate for the on/off of the water. It works, just looks stupid so far from the wall.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Moen makes a slip fit tub spout for 1/2" copper pipe. If you have 3-1/2" to work with, you may wind up cutting some off anyway. A tubing cutter works for that.

The handle being too far out............don't stare at it. You have 58" to work with, I'm sure that extra 1/2" you lost isn't going to kill you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Where the handle is is within the manufacturer's recommendations. MANY people obsess with the handle NOT looking like the showroom displays, when FEW actually do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks