Moen Bathroom Accessories - Poor Quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dmtrunner

Health care analyst.
Reaction score
I purchased Moen Eva line towel racks, robe holders, toilet paper dispensers, and towel holders.

The plumber did the installation. Several of them are not tight against the wall. I looked at the mounting hardware and it did not appear to me as easy to install.

Does anyone else have an opinion about Moen accessories and the mounting methods. I think if I hear back from others with similar complaints I will take these back and get nice hardware from another vendor.
picture.php

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
With these types of accessorie, no matter what the brand, the first key element is proper snug installation of the mount. On drywall, this mean some kind of molly or toggle, if there is not wood behind. Wall anchors just dont do it . Then, it is a question of how sturdy is the bracket and the set screw or whatever attaches the actual piece, to the wall bracket. I am not familiar with how well the Moen line of accessories is made.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks