Moen 3520 Moentrol tub shower valve discontinued?

Users who are viewing this thread

g20zoom

Reaction score
I've been using the Moen 3520 CC valve for shower/tub remodels but I noticed the moen website says it's discontinued.
Just curious if anyone knows why so or if there are trends to move to the PosiTemp valve?

I like the Moen 3520 because it seems to work fine, reliable, and uses the 1225 cartridge which was common with my bath faucets of the past (I noticed the newer single handle bath faucets have moved to a different cartridge?). 1225 Cartridges last forever, even with hard water in so cali. Not sure if it's normal, but I had a PosiTemp cartridge go bad in a few years with hard water, and they are far more expensive as well which doesn't help on the maintenance front.

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Moen has replaced the Moentrol with the M-Core valve. This uses the 35mm Kerox cartridge found in many import kitchen faucets and in some of their CFG line. The new cartridge is # 1213 and list price for the replacement is $110.00.

moen-1213.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks