Moen 2600, What trim kit is for this Moen valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

YYZ

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had to cut off the old trim kit on my old (like 1997) Moen single-handle shower valve. I threw away the original faceplate thinking I wouldn't need to reference it. So, I bought the Danco universal trim kit for Moen. The only issue is that the faceplace doesn't fit completely against the wall. The back of the faceplace is keeping it from laying flush. Is it that I need make the hole bigger or do I have the wrong faceplate?

moen-2600-parts-5.jpg

YYZ

Reaction score
I'm trying to attach an image. Having issues.

moen-2600-parts-6.jpg

Sorry, this is the best I can do for images....

Last edited:

YYZ

Reaction score
Thanks Terry. I thought it was the 2600 as well. I guess I just bought the wrong trim kit. It's strange because I bought the Danco 10001 trim kit and it says it's for the 2600 but the back of the faceplate has a bump out that prevents it from touching the wall...

Appreciate your time.

YYZ

Reaction score
Yah, I didn't seen the fine print on the Danco trim kit. It says you need a 3 1/2" rough-in hole. I guess the older Moen escutcheons sat flush.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some of the old Moen had dished wall plates and sometimes I need an extension for the handle to make it work. There are a few variables at play.

Your valve is very close to the finished surface. And the valves come with a round plastic thingy that you toss after tiling that helps as a guide for the tile guy.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Standard Valve: The Standard valve was introduced in the 1960's and was used until the early 2000's. This valve does not have a balancing spool like the Original Moentrol Valve. If the 145058 Adapter Kit is purchased, new Moentrol trim kits (see requirements below) are available for this valve. See below for installing the 145058 Adapter Kit.

Or if you want to go with a Moentrol trim for the old valve.

standard-moen-valve.jpg

Those were for the 7 and 5 screw locations.

145058-breakdown.jpg

145058 adapter plate

attaching-adapter-plate.jpg

Thread the two Phillips screws (#2) into the standard valve. Both of the Phillips screws must be installed side-by-side either through the top or bottom.

install-escutcheon.jpg

Using the top right and bottom left holes on the adapter plate (#1), install the new Moentrol escutcheon plate.

moen-145058-terrylove.jpg

index.php

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks